Thursday, September 8, 2011

STICKS AND STONES

It's time to officially get my feelings hurt.

I support Tea Party policies.  I can't say I'm a member of the Tea Party since there are no memberships or elected leaders.  But I CAN get behind their philosophy.

SMALLER GOVERNMENT
LESS REGULATION
DEFICIT REDUCTION

These three planks are hardly extreme, but if I had just fallen off a turnip truck, I'd get that impression.

In April, 2010 Mike and I went to a tea party rally here in Fayetteville.  There were speeches and prayers and singing "America the Beautiful" acapella.  No one SEEMED like a raving lunatic, but you can check out pictures from an earlier blog ("Partying on the Square") and decide.

My heart was @the Restoring Honor rally in DC on Labor Day, 2010.  Unfortunately, the rest of me didn't make it there so we watched it on television.  Tons of people showed up peacefully, had fun dressing up patriotically, cheered in agreement for speakers, and picked up trash as they left.  Seemed like responsible, involved citizenry.

But because of this political perspective, Maxine Waters has told me to "go straight to hell".   Legions of voices (including the Vice President) have called me a racist.  The VP has also said I am a barbarian at the gate.  And Jimmy Hoffa said I was an "sob" (only he didn't abbreviate) and called union members to be an army against such.  He's scary.

But we don't have to worry because our President took care of things.  He held those voices accountable because he has lectured on the First Amendment (@law school) and civility (@Rep. Gabby Giffords' service).

Huh?  He DIDN'T?  Gee, does that mean there is only room for one voice at America's table?

Vitriol, thy name is coarse and threatening.

1 comment:

  1. Susan, you have hit the 'squarenail' on the head once again! Great post!

    ReplyDelete