Sunday, August 11, 2013

OH, MY GOODNESS!

In gearing up for the coming fall session, last week BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) challenged us to think which of God's attributes that we have experienced this summer.  As I considered the possibilities, I'm going with "GOODNESS".  

Of course I knew God had been good to me BEFORE I discovered Him...good to me daily as I cling to Him...and that doesn't count how good He is to have another kingdom ahead for me.  But my final answer is "GOODNESS" this summer because I'm bowled over by some specific kindnesses...


*Mike and I began the summer with a trip to the Grand Canyon.  People don't always get to make the trips that our minds dream up, so we were happy it came together.  The sight-seeing morphed into head-lifting as we considered the immensity and power displayed by the Shaper of the Canyonlands...just by the power of His word.  Isn't that what Romans 1:20 says?  His creation lights up our physical eyes, leading our spiritual eyes to connect the dots to truth.


*On our Western migration, we found a great church in Flagstaff, AZ called North Point Fellowship.  Their worship introduced us to a new group whose song I've been singing all summer.  The group is named Rend Collective Experiment...they are Irishmen who wrote "Build Your Kingdom Here".  Sometimes you just know a song will be in your head a long time and this group helps me remember the goodness of God's plan when He chose US to work with HIM.

*July saw a backyard project that we are hoping will make our home more visitor-friendly for the grands, for others, and for us.  I liked decorating the backyard; God is good to allow us join Him in creativity and the satisfaction that brings.


*Grandchildren.  Life is so rich with these little people.  

The girls got to come to GrandCamp individually...and the boys drop by often.  


Below Nate is the little one shouting "Mimi!  Mimi!"  Doesn't everyone like their name proclaimed?

How could I not bless God for His good gifting of these three girls and two boys who express their love so freely?




So my heart is full of God's goodness.  What's that you say?  Do I hear skeptics thinking...well, SURE you think God is good.  He came bearing gifts.  What if your summer had worn a suffering hat?

It did.  We lost a family member and Mike has rotator surgery scheduled.  Life is full of the rain that falls on the just and the unjust.  But in all circumstances, the Lord remains the same...His heart is good and kind.

A man named Micah wrote that God has shown us what is good and what He wants from us.  We are to do right, love compassion, and walk without pride before Him.  That last part about walking humbly comes easier as we remember He made us (not we ourselves).

So what about you?  Which God-attribute have you experienced this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment