Monday, March 22, 2010

THE MORNING AFTER



Well, it's done.

My voice of reason (that would be Mike) reminded me this morning..."Susan, there are some good things in this healthcare legislation."

Yes. There were things about healthcare that needed changing. Shame on us for not attending to business and tweaking these things before now. Our passivity has enabled the healthcare Trojan Horse to come through the gate.

As the Democrats continue their swagger, a dozen or more of our states are filing (or about to file) lawsuits to challenge this "noble" legislation. Why? Surely the reason is more than just "talk radio told them to". The White House can throw zillions of dollars around, but the states have to deal with real money.

So where do we go from here? If my family depended on the insurance industry for it's livelihood, I'd be trembling. And because the vilification of banks is being ratcheted up again, I am also glad that I'm not depending on a bank job. In fact, the only secure jobs (or "jobs created") are those in government. I've heard the IRS is hiring...

Wish I thought these new laws were worth what will happen to our country to get them. I wish I thought we will actually even GET the promises. Mike and I have friends with expensive medical conditions and older relatives with costly meds. The problems are real, but color me doubtful about the Obama plan. Time will tell.

Meantime, my frustration would make me pull out my thinning hair...except that I keep remembering Psalm 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment