Wednesday, December 2, 2009

COHINKEYDINKS

You know, you wake up one day and you have been birthed.
You have no choice over your parentals. You have little choice about what you look like (Phyllis Diller and Joan Rivers being the exceptions). My point is that there are some remarkable likenesses between my daughter and I. Really, we don't try. They're just cohinkeydinks.

It's nothing to come out in similar clothes when we are going somewhere. That is inconvenient because one has to go back and change.

We simultaneously say the same things...or burst into the same song.

Last week I went to a "doc-in-a-box" to get a flu shot. I noticed the nurse looking at me through the receptionist's window. Each time I looked up, she was rubbernecking. I thought...I'm not sick so she's not worried about me keeling over or anything. Is she stalking me?

When she called my name to come back, she said "you don't have any relatives in this area, do you?" When I nodded affirmatively, she jumped in "named SAFERITE"? People often comment on how much we look alike. I've always thought Beth handled that very graciously. She isn't 62 with a turkey wattle, but she does look similar.

The last time Beth and I talked, I asked her "did I tell you the police stopped me last week?"
B: "me, too!"
S. "I got stopped on Rupple"
B: "ME, TOO! I was going 40 in a 30"
S: "ME, TOO!"
B: "the policeman gave me a warning, how about you?"
S: "yep"

At this time Beth drolly injects "he probably thought he stopped the same woman twice". I like her humor.

Cohinkeydinks aside...we're all here to be conformed to another image.

"...being conformed to the image of Christ" Romans 8:29 NAS

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan! I'm so glad to know about your blog! Thank you so much for the Christmas song recs.

    I hope you & yours are doing well. I always enjoy reading your Christmas letter when we're at Gram & Papa's house for the holidays. :-) I'm looking forward to it!

    Take care,
    Abbie

    p.s. I loved this post. I love getting to know Beth just a wee bit during my time student teaching through U of A.

    ReplyDelete