Thursday, April 2, 2009

BREATHLESS

Sometimes just when I need a boost, a grandchild will call to say "Hi, Mimi!".  There's nothing like hearing your name coming out of the mouth of babes.  But this morning, it was Beth calling with a new Nate quip that buoyed my spirit.

It seems Nate has for so long wanted to be able to blow up a balloon...but it was just beyond him. Until this morning.  He found an old stretched out balloon under a piece of furniture and was delighted to find he could blow it up (a bit).

Beth was mindful of their morning exodus and wisely said "That's GREAT, Nate. Let's go blow it up in the car!"  And off they went to school.

As they pulled out of their driveway, from the back seat she hears..."Oh, man, the spit in my air went EVERYWHERE!"
 
And then, Beth hears him mutter under his breath..."God, PLEASE give me just a little more air."  And then to her..."Mama, I prayed cause I'm really out of any breath.  Do you think He'll give me more?"

Uh, that's an affirmative, Nate.

"The God Who produced and formed the world and all things in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in handmade shrines, neither is He served by human hands, as though He lacked anything, for it is He Himself Who gives life and breath and all things to all people."  Acts 17:24,25

 


No comments:

Post a Comment